COVID Mitigation for Onsite/Home Instruction
So that we may safely start offering at home instruction we will institute the following COVID mitigation policies in order to reduce the risk of exposure and possibility of transmission of COVID-19. The following policies are for the protection of our teachers and all families they will be visiting.
It is imperative that teachers and all household members fully understand and comply with these policies. Any lack of adherence or disregard for safety will result in lessons immediately terminating and future at home instruction potentially being cancelled-no refunds will be issued in such an instance.
- All teachers providing onsite instruction will be fully vaccinated.
- All household members eligible to receive COVID vaccination must be fully vaccinated. Please indicate if there are household members who are unable to be vaccinated due to health concerns, we will review information provided and determine if onsite instruction can still be given without increased risk to teacher and un-vaccinated household member. (adding instructions on how to upload their vaccine cards or excelsior pass here? I think we’ll simply create a google folder for all in-person students and give them a link to where they can upload.)
- Instruction area should be free of household members, only student and teacher should occupy. If instruction area must be shared with other household members, they must be fully vaccinated and masked. Instruction area should be free of household members who are not fully vaccinated, children ineligible for vaccination should not occupy instruction area or come in contact with teacher when onsite. In addition we ask that households be limited to core members during instruction, additional guests should not be permitted in household during lesson.
- Teachers and students will mask during instruction.
- Ventilation in instruction area will be increased (open window, fan, air purifier, central air) during instruction.
- Teacher will practice hand hygiene upon entering home. Student will practice hand hygiene directly prior to lesson.
- Teacher will abide additional household restrictions, provided they don’t compromise instruction or put teacher at risk.
- If student or any member of household is feeling ill or experiencing possible COVID symptoms, Musication must be notified and online instruction will be provided until student or household member is cleared to resume congregate activity (symptoms have resolved and/or medical clearance) and it is safe to resume home instruction.
- If any student or household member has traveled outside of NYS (contiguous states not included), tested positive for COVID or has been exposed to a confirmed COVID+ case, Musication must be notified and online instruction will be arranged for length of quarantine from onsite instruction.
Vaccinated Household Member/Student:
- No quarantine required if NOT symptomatic.
- If symptomatic, quarantine & test post 3-5days after exposure is required.
Unvaccinated Household Member/Student: Quarantine Required
- Quarantine: 14 days from last date of exposure
Household Member/Student: Quarantine & Testing Required
- Quarantine (for infected individual): 10 days from start of symptoms or testing positive
Possible COVID-19 Symptoms
- Cough/congestion/runny nose
- Abdominal pain/diarrhea/constipation
- Body aches/lethargy/fatigue
- New loss of taste or smell